Lion of Judah
“Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father’s children shall bow down before thee.” Genesis 49:8
One of the most important symbolic animals in the Bible is the lion. It is a Jewish national and cultural symbol, traditionally regarded as the symbol of the Israelite tribe of Judah. In more recent history it has also been adopted as a symbol for the peoples of the English Commonwealth, and the English language. It was also used as a symbol for the emperors of Ethiopia, and in more recent times for the Rastafarian movement.
- Judy Rey Wasserman’s Lion of Judah is created by strokes that are the original Hebrew letters of Genesis 49:8-10.
- This printable image is in PDF format, which is sent to you via email.
- 8.5″ x 11″ art printable
- Black ink on preferably your own white (or colored) paper
- Frame it to bless your place or use as a gift.
- Celebrate God’s abiding presence and constant love all year long.